We are a hard working group of parents, teachers and administrative staff who want to enhance our students experiences and opportunities at Manhattan Middle School. One of our goals is to connect with the school community and raise funds for resources that are not provided for by the District. Read more
The Manhattan Middle School PTO was established as a 501(c)(3) organization under the IRS Code in 2005 following the merger of the Baseline Middle School with the Burbank Middle School. As stated in the by-laws, the purpose of the PTO is:
- To support the well-rounded education of students at Manhattan Middle School (“MMS”).
- To improve the quality of education by supporting and funding the academic and environment goals set forth by the School Improvement Team.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the principal and to work in a collaborative forum with the principal and staff to facilitate effective site-based management.
- To raise funds to be used for educational projects and other education activities for MMS’s students, faculty and staff.
- To act as a coordinating body for all members of the PTO who would like to volunteer their time at MMS and to provide a structure for communication among students, parents, faculty, staff, administration and members of the community.